- Constructed of waterproof hard plastic exterior, soft interior foam padding, non-skid pad on bottom, and touch-fastener closures.
- Front Splint extends above carpal and completely under the foot, giving full support to bottom of your pet’s leg.
- Keeps pet’s leg in normal walking position.
- Supports and stabilizes carpal and paw areas of front limbs.
- Allows weight to be put on the broken or weak limb.
- Reduces the standard cost of bandaging and casting.
- Lightweight design increases the pet’s tolerance of the splint.
- Provides an easy way to provide daily wound therapy.
It’s important to remember that any splint or bootie placed on a pet’s foot will need to be removed at bedtime, and should be removed for at least an hour during the day to allow the foot to breathe. During nighttime hours we recommend using the Walkin’ Wrist Hugger to continue to offer light support.
It may take a few days for your cat or dog to become acclimated to the feeling of walking around with a splint, but our unique design will have them feeling comfortable quickly.
See Instructions section for suggestions on how to best introduce the splint to your dog.
Please Note: There is no “right” or “left” leg or paw designated for splints; splints may be used for either the right or left leg/paw. If you order a splint and it is marked with “L” it refers to the size (Large).
The Walkin’ Front Splint may benefit pets with the following Conditions:
- osteoarthritis of the carpal or metacarpal joints
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
- soft tissue injuries to carpal or metacarpal tendons/ligaments
- carpal or metacarpal joint instabilities or malformations
- brachial plexus or radial nerve damage Injuries
- neurological conditions causing knuckling of paw
- post-surgical protection.